Enjoy a relaxing 2-hour cruise around Beaufort harbor aboard the 47-foot sailing yacht "Bravado." Sail along the historic Beaufort waterfront, home of the notorious pirate Black Beard. Captain Tony will provide interesting facts and points of interest. We will then head to Beaufort Inlet towards Fort Macon and Shackleford Banks where you may see dolphins or North Carolina's famed wild horses. While you're waiting for the sun to set over Core Sound enjoy a glass of wine, cold beer or non-alcoholic beverage. Make sure you bring your camera to capture one of our many spectacular sunsets. CALL (786) 778-9244 FOR DEPARTURE TIMES
If you want to spend the whole day on the water, we offer a sailing cruise to spectacular Cape Lookout. On this cruise you will experience some open ocean sailing as we set sail 6 miles up the Outer Banks shoreline into the protected waters of the Cape Lookout bight. While we are at anchor you can spend several hours relaxing on the boat reading, sunbathing or taking a swim off the back of the boat. While you are enjoying this idyllic setting a delicious lunch will be prepared by your captain and crew. We will weigh anchor around 3 o'clock for the return trip to Beaufort with an approximate 5 o'clock arrival time.
- Arrive at Homer Smith Marina at 9:00 am.
- Our crew will welcome you aboard with coffee, juice or water and a light snack.
- Captain Tony will have a pre-departure briefing addressing safety issues and answer any questions. Children under 12 years old will be required to wear a life jacket which we will provide. If you are bringing a child under 30 pounds you will be required to bring your own coast guard certified life jacket.
Let’s Go Sailing
- Cast the lines and set sail for Cape Lookout.
- Sit back and relax for the 2-hour voyage and enjoy the view as we sail along Shackleford Banks to the secluded Cape Lookout. Be sure to keep an eye out for dolphins and the wild ponies.
- Add some excitement by stepping behind the wheel or assisting the crew with adjusting the sails. Don’t forget the camera for your next profile picture.
- Once we reach our destination, begin the afternoon onboard with a light snack. You and your guests can relax in the shaded cockpit with a book or go forward to the foredeck and sunbathe. To cool off “Bravado” has a spacious platform astern that is perfect to swim off or just dangle your feet into the crystal-clear water. We will provide floats and rafts for your enjoyment.
- Return to the boat and wash off the sand and salt with the outdoor shower at approximately 2 o’clock.
- You will be served a freshly prepared gourmet lunch. Did we mention that in addition to sailing, Captain Tony is an accomplished chef?
**Please make us aware of any allergies or dietary restrictions. Our galley is not equipped to prepare gluten-free meals.
Return To Port
- Sit back and relax as we return to Beaufort with a beer, wine, or soft drink.
- At approximately 5 o’clock, “Bravado” will return you to Homer Smith Marina.
“Bravado” is insured for general liability by Boat US Geico Insurance Company. We are not insured if you go in the water to swim or for any ashore side activities. Off boat activities are conducted at your own risk and are not covered by Crystal Coast Sailing’s insurance policy.